16.11.06

Backbreaking Slumber

Much to my despair, I recently found out that there existed the term “backbreaking slumber”; pun intended. Every morning for the last few weeks or so, I have been waking up with an excruciating pain on my back.

Being a person with vivid imagination enriched by fairy tales from childhood, it crossed my mind to check under the mattress for the notorious pea. Unfortunately, I only managed to encounter some innocent-looking bed bugs, which unlikely were the culprit of my distress.

Of course, this would not serve as a plausible reason on my being late almost everyday to the office. I am not much of an early riser, and my visions are better at night. Having said that, I am really worried about this unexplainable pain.

Maybe I ought to have some exercise, like my folks always tell me to do. Maybe I should cut down on those delicious, mouth-watering red meat and seafood. Maybe I need to see a physiotherapist. Maybe I have a hidden, malicious, alien manifestation on my spinal tap. Or maybe I just need to buy new mattress and pillows.

No comments: